Welcome to Those Tunes

Those Tunes is a blog completely devoted to my rantings and ravings about music. Reviewing songs, albums, bands, music videos, and live shows. Those Tunes doesn't just talk about the new releases, but everything that is worth mentioning. No mater if it's good or bad, old or new, undiscovered or mainstream, we got the review for it.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Rock N' Roll Gangster by Aalon

Ok I'll be honest, I actually found out about this song thanks to the amazing mature animated series The Boondocks. But I have to say, from the moment I heard it in the last scene of the famous episode "The Story of Ganstalicious 2" I knew I was in love with this song. The song is a powerful mix of soul and disco that, to this day, is still just as smooth as it was when it first hit the scenes in 77. The lyrics detail the life and thoughts of a true gansta of his time, and the music fits in perfectly. And despite the cheese sounding hook of the song from which the title is derived, the lyrics have a type of poetic flow to it. The rhythm and beat of the track makes you sway and sing along, yet has a way of relaxing you completely. If you're looking for an old school disco track, this is a great pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment